Sunday, October 3, 2010

It's a frockin' good cause

Hello lovelies!

During the entire month of October I will be frocking up in support of a festive fund raising initiative which, aims to raise funds and awareness for the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation (OCRF). October has now been renamed Frocktober!

Far too many women die of this disease each year. A major problem is that there is currently no screening test for ovarian cancer and many women are diagnosed when it the cancer is well advanced.

Frocktober aims to help improve the outlook for women with the disease by supporting the quest for a suitable early detection test, through fundraising for the OCRF.

Essentially, Frocktober is challenging women to don a frock for a day, week, fortnight or a full month during October, and get sponsored for it! Check out their website for more details.


I can thank Miss Melanie for sharing the news about Frocktober with me. She is also blogging her way through her many outfit choices for the duration of October. Do visit and sponsor her at Mellygoesfrocktober.

So now you know why I will be regularly posting images of myself in dresses for the next month, you can now look deep into your pockets and purses and sponsor me too:

•  Cash: just fill out my donation form when donating your money (obviously we can do this when I see you :P
•  On-line payment: visit www.frocktober.org, go to the 'donate' page and include my registration number (680068) in the confirmation page.
•  Electronic Funds Transfer: Enter my registration number (680068) in the 'reference' field from your internet banking service. This will help track your payment.
                       Account name: Frocktober Inc
                       BSB 633000
                       Account number 134323187

•  Cheque / Money Order: Please make payable to Frocktober Incorporated and post to Frocktober Inc, 10 Mulquiney Crescent, Highton VIC 3216.


Day 1 #Frocktober
Day 2 #Frocktober
Stay tuned and dig deep; it's a frockin' good cause!

Cheers
Maryann


PS - I should tell you that all $2 donations are tax deductible :) And let me know if you made a donation using my registration number. I'm keeping track.

1 comment:

  1. Woot! I'm gonna sponsor you via the online site (others have told me it's a bit tricky to do so I'm gonna check it out).

    ReplyDelete