Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day #8 Frocktober and Octoberfest

Octoberfest!! Spring struck with full force on Saturday and after a busy week of work, Mr Bug and I were keen to check out the Octoberfest at The Local Taphouse.



It was an uninspired choice of dresses today - red and cream wrap dress. I need to wear a slip under this dress because the slightest breeze causes me unwanted attention when it flies open *sigh* and of course I forgot to do that *double sigh*

Back to the beer. The Local Taphouse has a great selection of beer and Octobefest celebrations were in full swing when we arrived. There were 20 beers on tap so I opted for a paddle. My choices were:

  1. Weltenburger Kloster Hefeweiss Hell
  2. Schofferhoffer Hereweizen
  3. Weltenburger Kloster Barock Dunkel
  4. 4 Pines Kolsch
  5. Moo Brew Hereweizen
Mr Bug sampled the 3 Ravens Octoberfest. I really enjoyed all the beers I tasted. I think my 2 favourites were the Dunkel and Kolsch and the least impressive was the Schofferhoffer Hereweizen - not that it was bad. I just preferred the other more pronounced flavours more.


While I enjoyed the beers, I was STARVING! The bratwurst and chili frites were the perfect treat to accompany my collection of beers :)


Another beer on tap was the Red Hill Weizenbock. We didn't stick around to sample the beer at the pub, however we did break open a bottle at home. Deeee-licious!

While Saturday was all about sunshine, beer and blokes... Sunday was another story. Check out next post - a more dignified affair :)

Cheers
Maryann

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed yourself as much as we did!

    Steve
    The Local Taphouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great event Steve - congrats!! Mr Bug and I MUST attend one of the Ale Star night. Or the very least, come and visit more often for a drink and feed. It's within walking distance!

    ReplyDelete