Thursday, October 13, 2011

Watch out Betty Draper, there's a new frock in town



Meet Beverley. She's the delicious chocolate mud cake I made for today's Cadbury Bake-off at work. Like Betty Draper and her BFF Francine, Bev & I should have spent our time sipping martinis rather than painstakingly hand sewing the bodice and adding ♥♥ to the gown using chopsticks.

I regularly bake for the office so I had to up the ante to not lose my crown as Baking Queen.

What I baked: The recipe itself was simple enough. It's a chocolate mud cake from the newly established Cadbury Kitchen website (one must "test" client products, right?). I didn't alter the cake ingredients and stuck to the recipe. I must say the combination of the 1 1/2 cups of coffee and Cadbury Dark Baking chocolate was nomtastic. Had I not been required to deliver a cake to work, I may have happily sat with a spoon and finished off the cake batter. Mmmm chocolaty coffee goodness.

A little bit of this and a little bit of that...

But I did tweak. Rather than using a square pan, I used a Dolly Varden cake tin. Who knew you can hire these things? I did require more cooking time than was specified due to the shape of the cake tin. As a result, the edges were a little dry for my taste. Overall I was pretty stoked with how the cake tasted and looked. I can't wait to test this baby out on a standard size square tin. Yummo!!

Now back to business. What I wore today: white collar skirt (Brave), full circle skirt, pearls (not real *sigh*) and black/grey heels.

A lady must serve tea with baked treats
To make a donation and show your support for Frocktober and Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation, please visit http://www.everydayhero.com.au/girlbug.


Happy baking and happy frocking!!

Girlbug xx

No comments:

Post a Comment