Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bondi bliss


Over Valentine's weekend, the BF and I flew up to Sydney to celebrate my cousin's wedding. Sadly I have no photos of that day - nada, nothing, zip. After missing our early morning flight (no one to blame but ourselves), we were mighty relieved to simply make it to the reception to even worry about happy snaps. Despite the hiccup, we had a fab time at Jeff and Steph's nuptials. Congrats guys xoxo. Must also add my surprise to how easy it was for Tiger Airways to put us on the next available flight. And cheap too. They are now on my radar for the upcoming Perth trip and beyond.

That Sunday was the first Valentine's Day the BF and I have shared together. Previous year we skyped while I was in London en route to Ireland. This year we spent a relaxing day on Bondi Beach together. So what did our day entail?
  • Sausage sizzle brunch from the North Bondi Surf Life Saving Club while kicking back on the shoreline watching the world skate, swim and jog by.
  • Successful shopping session at Bondi markets where I walked away with 2 t-shirts, leather cuff, necklace and bracelet from Stannard-inc. Ben also bought some leather wrist bands. This has become one of my favourite shopping haunts. I never leave empty handed.
  • Drizzly walk from Bondi to Bronte and back. Everyone should do this walk at least once. It's breath taking whether it is a sunny day or grey.
  • Delicious dinner in the bistro of the Bondi Iceberg's Club. A storm was rolling in so I had my fingers crossed to see a lightening show but we were denied.
Highlight of the weekend ... as corny as it sounds it was being able to spend a peaceful relaxing day with my boy. 

  

More pics can be found on flickr account. Below are some of my recent purchases from Bondi (except the boots but I <3 and wanted to show off). I'm so looking forward to cooler months coming up to wear them with my Winter wardrobe.


 


I'm anxiously awaiting for Grey Ant sunglasses to be restocked too. Plus I'm um-ing and ah-ing about parting with $$ for these super hot cherry red riding boots. One this is for certain, this Bondi trip has reignited my desire to shop, shop, and shop some more. 

Dangerous time for my budget... dangerous times.

Stayed tuned for more food p0rn and shopping addiction tales.

Later,
GB xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment