Saturday, June 20, 2009

Design, Dali & FOOTY!!!















Many people have been asking me how I've settled back into life in Melbourne?? Very well actually. I my home. I my kitties and of course I my BF. I was also very lucky to be offered a wonderful job on my 2nd day back. I'm the first to admit that life has been pretty good to me of late.


But also what makes the transition easy is that I Melbourne. This year marks 10 years living in this city. I gasped when I saw the Eiffel Tower, had to catch my breath watching a sunrise in the Sahara Desert... but still after 10 years here, my skips a beat when I see the city skyline. Its not the perfect city (like that exists) but its my city.



Last Sunday, the BF and I enjoyed some afternoon delights in the city. Design Market was on... yipeee!! We cruised through the Fed Square car park with the hordes of other Melbournites looking for goodies. I did um & ah about a pair of chain leggings... I want, I want. But held off. The change rooms on offer didn't look like a place I was willing to gamble on. I envisioned trying to remove my Cheap Monday skinnies only to flash my derriere to the rest of the crowd. No thank you. I took their email instead... which reminds me, MUST EMAIL those girls!!! They had great jewelry, great leggings and out-there head pieces which would turn heads come Spring Racing Carnival time.



Another treat of the Design Markets is always running into Micheal Pham ... if u don't know Pham... poor u. And if u don't know his button collection, shame on you. My 'Hold Me Closer Tony Danza' is one of my prized possession in my wardrobe... as is my Rick-Roll badges. Check em out at Stitch Badges.




Being so close to NGV, we couldn't pass up the chance to check out the Salvador Dali exhibition. Do yourself a favour and go check it out. Its a varied collection spanning Dali's entire career so its good to see the style change over the years. The exhibition is running until October 4th.


We'll be heading back at we only had an hour to check it out. No time for the films screening. Although a favourite part was the jewelry by Dali. Firstly, I never knew he made any. Big surprise! Second, I love how it was displayed. The room was covered in red velvet padding with sweet music playing. I felt like I stepped back in time to my childhood and walked into my jewelry box. The only thing missing was the little ballerina spinning in the middle of the room. I can't say I loved all the pieces but it was impressive nonetheless.




Tomorrow I'll be venturing out into the cold to go to another staple of the Melbourne winter calender. Community Cup is BACK!! w00t!! After a year hiatus, CC has a new charity Reclink on board and a new location, Elsternwick Park in Elsternwick. Espy Rockdogs V RRR/PBS Megahertz remains unchanged... looking forward to the match. The bands begin at 11am and bounce is at 2.30pm. Go Megahertz ... I don't think I've ever seen them win yet but I just can't barrack against a team wearing the Swannies colours. Finger crossed the change of location brings a little luck their way.


Tonight, I'll be keeping warm, resting a little and start to put clothes up on my ebay store. After years of hoarding, I've decided to part with a few jackets for now. There's plenty more that has to go... but "polako, polako"* is my motto. Its taken for ever to get to this stage, so let's not overwhelm the @girlbug hehehe


Enjoy the rest of the weekend,

Girlbug xox


* Polako, polako translate to Slowly, slowly :P

No comments:

Post a Comment